Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Discrepancy in Data from Fallout report and Data warehouse

Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report similar to Fallout report which shows number of visitors falling in and falling out at each step. I extracted the data from Datawarehouse as I want the report to be dynamic. There is a big difference in the numbers in both. Can anyone help me figure out why? Basically, I want to create a fallout report from Data Warehouse data with segments on campaign  column and pages column. If I extract unsegmented data it's too large and the extract fails. How do I get the data to match the numbers in Fallout report? Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Clickstream data feeds are a great way to get raw data out of Adobe Analytics. Since it's 100% raw data you'll want a way to filter through and organize that data, though.

Data Warehouse does not have pathing available. Fallout is a type of pathing. For example, a fallout of product page > cart > checkout > payment info > confirmation is going to have much less data than reporting period totals.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

How big are the data discrepancies? 

Whenever I compare Data Warehouse and Workspace/Reports I always find a small discrepancy but have found that this is usually explained by the fact that Data Warehouse holds unprocessed data compared to the processed front end data you see in Workspace/Reports, so we accept a small difference. 

I've never had a Warehouse extract fail on size as long as the FTP Server I send it to has enough space, are you requesting it via email?

Thanks,

Paige

Level 1

Hi Paige,

Yeah, I requested the data via email and the FTP request failed.

I didn't notice much difference between Workspace and Data Warehouse but a lot of difference in Fallout Report and Data warehouse.

Do you know of any other good way to extract raw data apart from Data Warehouse so that I can build Fallout report on that?

Appreciate your response.

Regards,

Anshita

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Clickstream data feeds are a great way to get raw data out of Adobe Analytics. Since it's 100% raw data you'll want a way to filter through and organize that data, though.

Data Warehouse does not have pathing available. Fallout is a type of pathing. For example, a fallout of product page > cart > checkout > payment info > confirmation is going to have much less data than reporting period totals.

Level 1

Gigazelle wrote...

Thanks Gigazelle. Now I understand the reason for big discrepancy in numbers.

Can you let me know where can I find Clickstream data feeds and the data out of it?