Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Direct link to real-time reports?

Level 2

Hi,

is there a direct URL (e.g. using certain parameters) to directly open the real-time dashboard on the 2nd or 3rd report? The following for example does not work for me, it just opens the first report.

https://sc3.omniture.com/sc15/reports/index.html?a=RealTime&reportIndex=2

Thanks!

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David, I have created the following JavaScript bookmarklet for you. Simply open the real-time dashboard then run the bookmarklet:

javascript:var cardCounter=0;setInterval(function(){cardCounter++;document.getElementsByClassName('card')[cardCounter%document.getElementsByClassName('card').length].click()},60000);

This will indefinitely cycle through all the real-time reports for that report suite once every 60 seconds, which appears to be exactly what you're looking for. Please let me know if this does not work for you - thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi David,

It is not possible for us to view a report in your company from the link you have provided. Could you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve? It would be helpful to get your question answered. Thanks!

TM

Level 2

Hey Tanmay, thanks for getting back to me. Yes the link was just to indicate that I try to use that reportIndex parameter.

I want to set up some kind of "dashboard station", that only does one thing, which is showing the real-time reports for a specific report suite. There should be no interaction possible/required, it should just display the 3 real-time reports subsequently. So I just want to create a simple script that does the following in a loop: open Report 1, delay 1min or so, opens Report 2, delay, opens report 3, delay.

For this I would need a deeplink to the different reports. I do not really want to set up Selenium or some other browser automation for this, which I think is kind of overkill for this simple purpose. I thought I could use the reportIndex URL parameter, which is visible when you click on the different reports. But it does not do anything when calling the real-time reports via URL.

So now I am wondering if there is another way to do this.

Cheers, David

Level 10

Hi David, 

I think publishing widgets might do the thing for you. You can look into them here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/publishing_widgets_admin.html

However, I am not sure it would work with a Real Time report or not. If a real time report can be bookmarked, it would work otherwise not. Thanks!

Let me know if you have further questions.

Tanmay

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David, I have created the following JavaScript bookmarklet for you. Simply open the real-time dashboard then run the bookmarklet:

javascript:var cardCounter=0;setInterval(function(){cardCounter++;document.getElementsByClassName('card')[cardCounter%document.getElementsByClassName('card').length].click()},60000);

This will indefinitely cycle through all the real-time reports for that report suite once every 60 seconds, which appears to be exactly what you're looking for. Please let me know if this does not work for you - thanks!

Level 2

This is great, exactly what I need, thank you very much!