Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Device Type Column in Adobe Analytics Clickstream Feed?

Level 2

Hello.

I am trying to find out the column that identifies the mobile device type (other/mobile phone/tablet etc.) in the Adobe clickstream feed. Basically, looking to the column that would be equivalent to the mobile device type report on the front-end.

Thanks for any pointers.

Sanjay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm afraid this information is not directly available within data feeds. Adobe Analytics takes the mobile_id column, pairs it with a backend lookup table provided by DeviceAtlas, then displays that value in reporting. Due to contractual obligations Adobe has with DeviceAtlas, that lookup table cannot be disclosed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm afraid this information is not directly available within data feeds. Adobe Analytics takes the mobile_id column, pairs it with a backend lookup table provided by DeviceAtlas, then displays that value in reporting. Due to contractual obligations Adobe has with DeviceAtlas, that lookup table cannot be disclosed.

Level 1
Hi Gigazelle - is this still valid? Is there no way to get the text description of a device from the clickstream?

Level 2

Thanks for your response. Is the Mobile_ID column that is populated in the feed specific to Device Atlas?

Employee Advisor

I believe so, which would be derived from the user_agent column.

If you wanted to go your own route in device type, parsing the user agent would be the best way to go. Bear in mind though that there are a lot of different devices out there, which is why Adobe partners with DeviceAtlas - so Adobe does not have to go through the trouble of continuously categorizing new devices as they are released.

Level 2

Hi Gigazelle

In the raw data feed the mobile id column is an integer (8 digits Eg: 13548343) or a '0'. Does this means if  mobile_id=0 then its a desktop and if mobile_id <> 0 then it could be any mobile device( cellphone,tablet) ?

Thank you in advance.

Employee Advisor

Shaista.L​ your understanding is correct, also keep in mind that you can have one (user_agent or mobile_id lookup) in your feed, you can;t have both at the same time.

How to enable Dynamic (Mobile Attributes) Lookup in Data Feed