Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Setting Adobe Data Layer Extension to pick up another datalayer name

Level 2
I have a question on the datalayer as our site has two datalayers (dataLayer and _CfDataLayer). When we set up the Google Data Layer extension, we set the data layer name to be _cfDataLayer as our most up-to-date data push, while we clean up the default dataLayer at the moment. 
However,despite the configuration in Adobe Data Collection to use updates made to _cfDataLayer, Adobe Data Collection seems to pick up the old default dataLayer and respond to updates made to it as opposed to _cfDataLayer. Is there anyway that we can configure this to pick up the designated datalayer name? 

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 3.54.53 PM.png
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

could you provide a little more context on what updates you are trying to made to _cfDataLayer and how?

Community Advisor

Hi @Xingu13 

works fine for me.

My setup

bjoern_k_0-1717224232615.png

Rule: "GDL - page_view"

bjoern_k_2-1717224315870.png

bjoern_k_1-1717224267820.png

with a debug action

_satellite.logger.debug(">>> page_view");

And on my test page, I push a page_view event.

_cfDataLayer.push({
    event: "page_view",
})

bjoern_k_3-1717224375317.png

Can you be more specific what does not work for you?

Cheers from Switzerland!