Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Days since last visit -- A userID must have a single day as a last day since last visit. But I am seeing UserID is 0days,1days, 2days,,,,, how come this ?

Level 5

Hi Team,

I am trying to pull DaySinceLastVisit(DSLV) for a userID. As per the DSLV, a userID must have a day/days since last visit, only one row of data may be 0day or 1 day or 2 days. But I am seeing in the report, same userID have 0day,1day, 2day,... My question is how come a UserID have multiple DSLV values? Please help me.

dinesh_b_kumar__0-1585042730227.png

Thanks,

Dinesh 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Dinesh,

I believe the issue is related, probably, to your date range. If you have a long date range, the dimension will show all the hits associated with the user ID. Have a look in the example below:

igorm75245240_0-1585049648713.png

Because my date rage is almost a month of data, I'm pulling all the hits associated, to this user, with the "days since last visit" as a dimension.

This might be the reason you're seeing multiple figures in the dimensions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Dinesh,

I believe the issue is related, probably, to your date range. If you have a long date range, the dimension will show all the hits associated with the user ID. Have a look in the example below:

igorm75245240_0-1585049648713.png

Because my date rage is almost a month of data, I'm pulling all the hits associated, to this user, with the "days since last visit" as a dimension.

This might be the reason you're seeing multiple figures in the dimensions.

Level 5

Sorry, I am not convinced with the answer. I am expecting when a user visit in any date range, DaysSinceLastVisit should report the latest visit day. Otherwise DSLV is not serving the purpose. This issue holds good for DaysSInceLastPurchase. Please rethink & help me.

PFB the screen shot, where date range is for 1 day (Mar23), still there 0days, 1days,2days....  for the user. how come?

dinesh_b_kumar__0-1585118498684.png

This is the correct response.

I think it is helpful to interpret this as its a database. When a new visit is instantiated for the visit, the following math happens Round(today-day of last visit).

This happens for each visit, which is why a user with 3+ within a time period would have 2 + values (the first visit wouldn't have a days since, because its the first time ever). This value is not dynamically generated at report run, rather produced at the time of the hit.

This is the correct response. I think it is helpful to interpret this as its a database. When a new visit is instantiated for the visit, the following math happens Round(today-day of last visit).

Level 5
Sorry, again not convinced with the answer. Once (today-day of last visit) = 0(if visit exist) then no need to check for other values. What you say? if you agree then please do the needful changes in the DSLV calculations. This is applicable to DaysSinceLastPurchase numbers too.
Its also possible that if this is based on an eVar the user might be using multiple devices or browsers

Level 5
Even though the User use different devices, each device will have unique visitor ID specific to each device as we don't have implemented MCID. So DSLV values should be independent of device type or browser type. Am I correct?

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?