Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Date comparison in Analysis Workspace

Level 6

Is it possible to do date comparison, for example, this week vs last week or month over month, year over year, etc.?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Victor, 

Date Comparison is not really a direct feature available in Workspace, but you can do that by adding two Freeform Panels in the project and selecting different date ranges for them. 

Let me know if that works out for you.

TM

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Victor, 

Date Comparison is not really a direct feature available in Workspace, but you can do that by adding two Freeform Panels in the project and selecting different date ranges for them. 

TM

Level 2

TanmayM wrote...

Hi Victor, 

TM

I have the same problem and it's not very useful to compare dates using 2 different tables. It would be nice to view it side by side, also in the same chart.

What happens is, if I want to compare Visits (for example) of Today with the Same day of last year, side by side, by hour, it will give me rows since the hour 0 from 1 year ago till today, what makes it impossible to compare anything.

Level 1

We have the same issue. It's impossible to compare year over year on the same graph which preventing us from moving some dashboards to Analysis Workspace.

On the same topic it would be very useful to be able to use the dynamics "times" that we can create in Workspace in a metric. I need to create a "Order variation YoY" metric and the only I can do that is going to the report builder.

Level 10

Hi Guys,

This is a perfect opportunity to raise this feature request on our ideasexchange - http://ideas.omniture.com You can create a suggestion or upvote it if already created. That directly reaches our Product Managers.

Thanks

TM