Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data Warehouse requests : can not save request

Level 1

I try do step as export guide but can not click save request now.

what should I do next step?

Kanjana_Srinuan_1-1699846453614.png

19 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't have the new UI, but I would imagine that you are missing a required field in one of the other tabs we can't see from your screenshot (a message at this point indicating what fields are preventing saving would be a nice feature....)

Level 1

Now Data Warehouse was changed and I try download data but can not click save request as picture.

Kanjana_Srinuan_0-1699856072176.png

Community Advisor

Unless you have hidden it for security purposes, you don't have a destination for the file (i.e. account)

I've heard other people complain about having to set up an account for a simple email report... and I agree, there should be a "one off" way to send reports....

There was never a "download" option, but the email of the user building the report was always automatically added in the past.. this interface doesn't do that....

You cannot save until you tell the report where to go.

Level 1

Thank you very much for answer to me.

If I input email for report go to email but It still can not save request.

However I need use to data warehouse for downlad data in the future.

The past template data ware house, I can dowloand it.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Kanjana_Srinuan_0-1699944637812.png

Community Advisor

Unfortunately I don't have this interface yet, I would assume you also need a location? Even if that location is an email??

Once I get upgraded to this I will be better able to see the steps and what is needed....

You may have to contact client care if no one else is posting here

Level 1

Adobe team,

fix this ASAP.  I am having the same problem and this is causing major roadblock in getting work done.  I can not get the report to save and send it to me via email.   

Level 1

On today, The Data warehouse changed template as picture So I can download it but last week it was back same as below and changed same first time above picture. It is stranger.

Kanjana_Srinuan_0-1700477326206.png

Community Advisor

I wonder if they are rolling people back to the original UI as they work out kinks... like people not being able to sent to email?

Level 1

One would think, but I tried setting up a report today to deliver via email and am encountering the same issue.  @Kanjana_Srinuan, did you ever find a resolution?

Community Advisor

Hi @KathrynFl I got the new UI a few days ago and was supporting someone else...

When you are sending to email, you still have to create an account (where it's being send), and a Location (think subject line)...  It's kind of silly though, the Location gets saved, so I wouldn't make the subject line terribly descriptive.. there is no way to edit or delete either accounts or locations yet.....

On top of that, some accounts and locations throw an error that an Admin has to grant users permissions (there is no place to do this)

If you finally get through all those hoops, on some tabs, the UI is too big and will extend off the page (with no scrolling). Depending on your screen size, you may have to zoom out to see the "Save Request" button.

Level 1

You, friend, are a life-saver!!!  I was missing the Location step...because it's email.  

Community Advisor

You're very welcome!

Just don't be like me.. I created a garbage location called "dsdsdsgds" (to test if this would fix the greyed out save button) cause I didn't realize it would be permanent... oops.

Level 1

I was missing the location as well and it fixed my issue with the "save request" button being greyed out.

However, when I click "save request" it now throws me an error "error saving request", with no feedback as to what the error is.

Did anyone encounter this and work around the issue?

Community Advisor

I haven't seen that.. Without seeing it, all I can suggest is to try double-checking all the tabs, and trying to confirm that everything is set correctly?

You may have to check with Client Care, who may be able to see errors reported that we can't see?

Level 1

All the tabs look to be properly completed.

I was thinking maybe the admin has not given me specific access to  data warehouse. Could that be throwing this error?

In the email "add new account" field, do I put my actual email address in the account name or recipient? (I tried both with no success).

and Email Location fields, are these just descriptive fields, I don't need to include actual email address in any of these fields? (again tested with and without actual email address)...so assuming my issue relates to access levels?

Community Advisor

The last I saw, if a person didn't have access, the tabs wouldn't load at all...  (I'm not sure why it even shows as a menu option to be honest... if you don't have access, why even let people into the area?) So unless this has recently changed, that probably isn't it...

The "Account Name" should just be an identifier for re-selecting later, it serves no "functional" purpose.. so you can use your email address, or call it "KorchAnalytics' Email" (basically how you want it to appear in the "Select Account" list later. The recipient is the actual email address that you are sending to.

But then, even for "email accounts", you can have multiple locations (I think this make more sense for FTP... one FTP login, multiple locations one for each folder in the FTP that you might want to use). But I guess since this is where you set your Subject Line for your email, you could create a location for each Subject? The interface could honestly be simplified a lot on this... 

Again, "Location Name" is really just a descriptive name for selecting again later, the "Subject" is the actual value that will be functionally used.

Level 1

Sorry for late reply. I tried by clear cookie on browser.

example using by google chrome. I did clear time range last 4 weeks. So I can use original data warehouse.

Kanjana_Srinuan_0-1704767952763.png

Kanjana_Srinuan_1-1704768015823.png

Level 1

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan, I too have this problem now. I should have the right access for DW, created an account and a location. The 'Save request' button is blue and I can click it, but it returns an error. What could be the problem?
Best, Eline

ElineBi_0-1711628586867.png

Community Advisor

They really need more friendly error messages (these generic messages are horrible and aren't helpful)

Was there any error in your console, @ElineBi?  Maybe we can glean some insight from there? Otherwise, I think you may have to contact Client Care, who may have access to backend error logs?