Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data Sources

Level 3

I am using Data Sources to add order information. When I use the “Orders” column for line items in that order, it adds the orders as total.

Example:

OrderID: #1234567890

#1234567890 Product1: (Order = 1)

#1234567890 Product2: (Order = 1)

#1234567890 Product3: (Order = 1)

Total orders for that one OrderID is now 3, when it needs to be 1.

How do I update the template to correct this so it does not total like this, and marks the OrderID as 1 order instead of counting all of its line items?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're tying multiple products to the same order, you'll want to use full processing data sources and use the products column as laid out on this page here:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/datasources/datasrc_full_processing.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I can't say for sure but maybe the problem lies in the mapping of the metrics. You may want to revisit that an check. Let us know if you find anything. 

Thanks!

TM

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're tying multiple products to the same order, you'll want to use full processing data sources and use the products column as laid out on this page here:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/datasources/datasrc_full_processing.html

Level 3

Ok, then how do you attribute ORDER to all line items in a single order, so it does not increment to the actual OrderID?

If you use a 0, this does not work.

Level 10

Hi,

Could you provide Data Sources file having the columns (after obfuscating confidential data) and what type of data source have you implemented ?

Regards,

TM

Level 3

I am using: Generic Data Source (Transaction ID) template file

I have attached an add and subtract example. The Data Sources - Add works great, except that it counts the OrderID line items into the OrderID.

When trying to use the subtract, or a negative value, nothing happens, but all uploads are successful.

Level 2

I doubt that this can be an accepted answer. Full Processing doesn't allow merging Visitor IDs. Quote: "... even if the visitor ID in uploaded data matches data collected using JavaScript or other AppMeasurement library, the visitor profiles are not connected from an eVar allocation perspective."

In most cases this is a showstopper, since data sources are used to upload additional data. For a data source with Transaction ID, there is no way to avoid duplicate orders if an order contains multiple products?

If yes, following statement from the Data Source Help is actually false: "Product information (from s.products) is not contained in the visitor profile "snapshot," so you must upload any associated product data in the data source file along with the transaction ID. Note that you can specify only one product per row, so you might need to upload multiple rows with the same transaction ID to include all products."