Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data missing in Report Suite while integrating with API

Level 1

Hello  @Jennifer_Dungan, when we are passing values to API, it is capturing the information like page name etc. in the network tab but the values are not getting stored in evars and props. Could you please suggest the possible reasons for the same?
Thank you for considering my request.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, just a heads up, I've never actually used the API to capture data, only to retrieve it.

Is this a website? And you are using a custom API solution rather than client side or WebSDK? Also, not sure, but have you confirmed that since you are seeing API calls in the network panel that you haven't created a security risk that is exposing your authentication keys?

If you are going to use an API to send data to Adobe, then it should be run from your server, and not from the client side... but that makes testing even harder, unless you have some sort of pingback service that will show you what was sent to Adobe... 

Or when you say "API" do you mean the WebSDK XDM Stream?

I just need to understand what you are doing first if I, or someone else is going to be able to effectively help you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, just a heads up, I've never actually used the API to capture data, only to retrieve it.

Is this a website? And you are using a custom API solution rather than client side or WebSDK? Also, not sure, but have you confirmed that since you are seeing API calls in the network panel that you haven't created a security risk that is exposing your authentication keys?

If you are going to use an API to send data to Adobe, then it should be run from your server, and not from the client side... but that makes testing even harder, unless you have some sort of pingback service that will show you what was sent to Adobe... 

Or when you say "API" do you mean the WebSDK XDM Stream?

I just need to understand what you are doing first if I, or someone else is going to be able to effectively help you.