Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Date range doesn't work with Average Time on Site

Level 1

Hi all,

I've created some custom date ranges, however it doesn't seem to work with Average Time on Site in a Freeform Table. It only seems to work when I use the custom range for a whole panel, but it's quite a lot of custom ranges and I need them in one table.

The other Key Metrics like Uniques and Visits and other custom calculated metrics (incl. time spent metrics) work fine, so I don't know where the issue is.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I don't use Adobe's Time Metrics much... the Data from "Time Spent per Visit (seconds)" and "Time Spent per Visitor (seconds)" seems to match...

I did two tables, one broken down by "standard" week, then created a custom "Last Week" date range... the numbers match...

If I convert the "Time Spent per Visit (seconds)" into Minutes, it matches the "Average Time on Site" value...

So you can create a custom metric to see in minutes like this to use instead of "Average Time on Site":

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1681313590725.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I don't use Adobe's Time Metrics much... the Data from "Time Spent per Visit (seconds)" and "Time Spent per Visitor (seconds)" seems to match...

I did two tables, one broken down by "standard" week, then created a custom "Last Week" date range... the numbers match...

If I convert the "Time Spent per Visit (seconds)" into Minutes, it matches the "Average Time on Site" value...

So you can create a custom metric to see in minutes like this to use instead of "Average Time on Site":

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1681313590725.png

Community Advisor

@Jennifer_Dungan This is really great, it helps converting the seconds to minutes directly in the report. Learned something new today. Thanks!

Community Advisor

Yeah.. it's so much better than "divide by 60"   

(then trying to figure out what 0.2 of a minute is in seconds)