Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

I can't see all my evars on the reports section as dimensions or they are equal to cero

Level 1

Hi, I need help with the following problems:

1) I can't see all my evars in the components panel: they are enabled in the report suite and the report suite matches the one I am using in the project I created. Also, when I compare the configuration of an evar that appears in the components panel and one that does not, I see that they have no difference in the report suite configuration.

2) The evars displayed in the component panel return zero (0): I have tried using different metrics, including unique visitors, and other metrics with accurate values for the date dimensions. Also, the page dimension returns zero, which I think is not normal either.

Is it possible that I have a permissions problem?

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The first issue, where you can't see the eVars in components... that might very well be a permission issue. Do you have access to the Admin Panel? If so, check to see that for that suite, those missing eVars are included...

In my case, I set up "Auto-Included" rules, so that all dimensions and metrics are available to all users (while I could restrict this, I see no reason to...):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1681335407400.png

But, your setup may be different.. perhaps these were set up with a specific list of "at the time" dimensions and metrics, and as the scope of the tracking increased, the permissions were never updated?

The second issue... that is odd... if you didn't have access to those metrics, then they shouldn't appear in the list... I am not sure why the values would be zero....

Is this a fairly new setup? Is it possible that there are either IP exclusion rules set up to exclude everything, or bot rules set up to detect everything as a bot? Do you have processing rules that could be deleting the values before getting to the report? Maybe you don't have any of this, but someone has worked with Adobe in the past to set up Vista Rules to send this data elsewhere?

Have you tried using the Experience Debugger, logging in, and enabling "Show post processed hits"?

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1681335822079.png

This will show a second column that will show you how the values have been processed on the Adobe side of things... do those eVars still show values?

Update: For the above, I think only data that had processing done (and has a different value) will show in that column... So if eVar5 was set in the first column, and didn't change, the post-processed column will be empty, but not highlighted... 

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1681336170396.png

The Timestamp changed slightly, to reflect processing time, but the "Time Since Page Load" remained as-is, so no highlight and empty....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The first issue, where you can't see the eVars in components... that might very well be a permission issue. Do you have access to the Admin Panel? If so, check to see that for that suite, those missing eVars are included...

In my case, I set up "Auto-Included" rules, so that all dimensions and metrics are available to all users (while I could restrict this, I see no reason to...):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1681335407400.png

But, your setup may be different.. perhaps these were set up with a specific list of "at the time" dimensions and metrics, and as the scope of the tracking increased, the permissions were never updated?

The second issue... that is odd... if you didn't have access to those metrics, then they shouldn't appear in the list... I am not sure why the values would be zero....

Is this a fairly new setup? Is it possible that there are either IP exclusion rules set up to exclude everything, or bot rules set up to detect everything as a bot? Do you have processing rules that could be deleting the values before getting to the report? Maybe you don't have any of this, but someone has worked with Adobe in the past to set up Vista Rules to send this data elsewhere?

Have you tried using the Experience Debugger, logging in, and enabling "Show post processed hits"?

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1681335822079.png

This will show a second column that will show you how the values have been processed on the Adobe side of things... do those eVars still show values?

Update: For the above, I think only data that had processing done (and has a different value) will show in that column... So if eVar5 was set in the first column, and didn't change, the post-processed column will be empty, but not highlighted... 

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1681336170396.png

The Timestamp changed slightly, to reflect processing time, but the "Time Since Page Load" remained as-is, so no highlight and empty....

Community Advisor

I assume that you've opened a project in Analysis Workspace, and are choosing your components from that interface.

1. Has your project/dashboard been saved with curated components? If so, components that are not used in the dashboard will not show up by default. You have to click an extra link somewhere to show all components. (I forgot what this link states or where it shows, but I remember that it needs to be clicked to show all components when curation is used in a dashboard.)
  2. When you say you're getting zero "0" in the component panel, are you referring to the count of components or the resulting value that you see in your report table? If the latter, what metrics are you reporting in that table?