Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Creating an Organic/SEO Leads Report from Marketing Channel Dimension

Level 2

Hey quick question... I thought I would reach out to you all to confirm a theory.

1. If I create a report with a free-form table
2. Select the "Natural Search" from within the "Marketing Channel" dimension
3. Perform a break down of "Page URL" dimension... And another
4. Break down by "Exit Link" dimension
5. Using "Unique Visitors" as the metric

MY QUESTION... Is Adobe Analytics sophisticated enough to provide me the "Exit Links" that are only associated with "Natural Search"? What I am trying to show is which exit links are attributed to SEO/organic traffic.

I have attached an image below. I appreciate your thoughts on this.  BTW  Thanks!

SEO Leads from Adobe Analytics.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Instead of using Marketing Channels, you can use the Natural Search dimension.  This will give you ONLY the organic search traffic, and not any other visits that followed an organic search, but did not override organic search in the Marketing Channels. (e.g. Direct).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

@JohnRog ,

Marketing channels and evar persist (based on the expiration you have set for them). There could be a possibility that one visit may have multiple Marketing channel set including Natural Search so the breakdown you have done might show the Exit links which belongs to Natural search as well as other channels but yes they would be part of the visit where Natural search was set as Marketing channel. 

Level 2
That makes sense. Do you agree that would be an extremely small amount of visitors?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Instead of using Marketing Channels, you can use the Natural Search dimension.  This will give you ONLY the organic search traffic, and not any other visits that followed an organic search, but did not override organic search in the Marketing Channels. (e.g. Direct).

Level 2
I agree... I did also create an SEO traffic metric based upon that dimension. However, my concern was that we may not have the properly defined for paid search and that it might be included. I was looking at Eric Matisoff's Adobe Analytics for Dummies and he mentions being "natural search" being a good alternative.

Level 8
Level 8

IMO, by using Unique Visitor, it means: if there is any visit of the visitor's visits comes from Organic Search, what's the Exit Link of all visits of the unique visitor.

So, you may need to create a visit level segment, apply it and use "Exits" metric onto Exit Links.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?

Level 2
They all wee helpful in a round about way. However, I am not sure any particular one was better than the others. They helped me confirm that I had a few choices, neither was perfect, I now know the pros and cons.