Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Creating a segment with over 300 different URLs

Level 2

How do I easily create a segment with over 300 nonidentical URLs easily. I want this segment to contain all 300 URLs and I want to save time.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Use SAINT classification.

the URL variable is key. create a sub classification special group 1(whatever is most useful naming convention to you)

Using the download template for this sub class, you then add the 300 URLs and their new sub classifications using excel.

Use classification Importer to upload. Then you will need to wait a bit for classifications to process. You are done and now can use the new sub classification as a segmentable element in reports, workspace, data warehouse.

The URLs in future can be added and deleted as needed only 1 upload is needed to add changes you dont need to do all 300 again just edits. Also a new group of urls could be added totally up to you.

GLTU

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi @elimpe

API is the way. Here the reference: https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-2.0-apis/#/Segments

My suggestion is:

• Create a simple segment in the UI with 3-4 URLs
  • via API retrieve the JSON with the segment definition
  • add the remaining element
  • update or create a new segment with the updated JSON

P.S. I don't know if there is a limit in the number of elements you can put in a segment. You can verify easily when you upload the JSON

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Use SAINT classification.

the URL variable is key. create a sub classification special group 1(whatever is most useful naming convention to you)

Using the download template for this sub class, you then add the 300 URLs and their new sub classifications using excel.

Use classification Importer to upload. Then you will need to wait a bit for classifications to process. You are done and now can use the new sub classification as a segmentable element in reports, workspace, data warehouse.

The URLs in future can be added and deleted as needed only 1 upload is needed to add changes you dont need to do all 300 again just edits. Also a new group of urls could be added totally up to you.

GLTU

Level 3

Use classifications to give each URL the same category value. Then create a segment equal to that category value.