Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Creating a Segment of specific pages

Level 1

Hello, 

I want to create a segment which only displays select pages in a freeform table when the segment is applied.

For example: If Page A and Page B are in Group 1 and Page B and Page C are in Group 2. If I select Group 1 from a Segment drop down ONLY Pages A and B appear in the freeform table. If I select Group 2 from the Segment dropdown ONLY Pages C and D appear in the associated freeform table. 

I've tried using the following logic to produce these results: 

Show: Hit

Page equals Page A 

or

Page equals Page B

Result: The table pulls in ALL pages but assigns Pageviews of 0 to non-referenced pages and Exit Rates of Infinity. This is skewing the column sums for Exit Rate (and other some other metrics) which is incorporating the Infinity into the column average. 

How can I create a Segment to ONLY display desired pages? As I using the tool wrong?

Thanks,

Alex

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

As Curtis mentioned it is a result of the exit rate metric.  One option is to wrap in a checker to only evaluate rows in which visits is greater than or equal to one.

Snag_90fc93.png

Then you could choose to not display a value when the result is zero.  The rows will be there, but with empty values.

You are going to bump into the same issue regardless with the column sum...because in aggregate exit rate has to be 100% (all visits have an exit).

Snag_9549f4.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately you only really have one option available - which is to select the pages, right click on them and use 'Display Only Selected Rows'.

Reason you are getting the extra results (the zero and infinity ones) is because you are making use of a metric that calculates as a percentage.  If you remove the Exit Rate metric then only the expected pages will display in your Freeform table.

Adobe, when using a metric that calculates to a % will end up showing data for all results regardless of segment.  I am assuming that is as a result a % will always return a value (whether zero, a number or infinity).

Correct answer by
Level 5

As Curtis mentioned it is a result of the exit rate metric.  One option is to wrap in a checker to only evaluate rows in which visits is greater than or equal to one.

Snag_90fc93.png

Then you could choose to not display a value when the result is zero.  The rows will be there, but with empty values.

You are going to bump into the same issue regardless with the column sum...because in aggregate exit rate has to be 100% (all visits have an exit).

Snag_9549f4.png

Level 1

Great suggestion. Seems like it isn't possible to have the column summary for Exit Rate reflect only the displayed values (I.E - not always display 100% exit rate), however this is good enough for my purposes.

Thanks for your help!