Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a rolling quick segment

Level 2

I wonder if it is possible to create a quick segment with rolling date.
The background is that I want to create a quick segment for my colleagues so that they can easily choose the day they need and NOT changing the date-format at the right side of the panel (screenshot) (this is what I DON´T want!)

Hanna_Heider_0-1681808283087.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Does it have to be a "Quick Segment"?

Quick Segments only use Dimensions, it's accessed through this button:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1681825203193.png

But if you are curating the report, why can't you make a traditional "drag and hold shift" and populate a drop down segment with rolling Date Ranges (Last 7 Full Days, Last Week, 2 Weeks Ago, Last 2 Full Weeks, etc - whatever dates/date ranges you need)

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1681825409952.png

You can remove the "No filter" option so that users are locked only the the items provided.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Does it have to be a "Quick Segment"?

Quick Segments only use Dimensions, it's accessed through this button:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1681825203193.png

But if you are curating the report, why can't you make a traditional "drag and hold shift" and populate a drop down segment with rolling Date Ranges (Last 7 Full Days, Last Week, 2 Weeks Ago, Last 2 Full Weeks, etc - whatever dates/date ranges you need)

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1681825409952.png

You can remove the "No filter" option so that users are locked only the the items provided.

Community Advisor

FYI... the term "Quick Segment" refers to being able to build segments using this simplified interface:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1681826128776.png

versus using the Full Segment Builder:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1681826177804.png

If you are calling drop down segments "quick segments" this will cause confusion with most people..... I only realized after my answer that you might be using the term to represent drop downs....

Level 2

Sorry for the confusion, at that moment I thought this would be the name of it, but you are right!

Community Advisor

No worries, when I looked again, I figured that's what you meant... and I mean, I can understand calling a "drop down" a "quick segment" since from the user perspective, it's a quick way to switch segments

My brain just took a while to figure that out, as "quick segments" is also a Workspace term for the method of creating the segment..

Its all good!

Community Advisor

You can add date ranges component into the quick segment, which will have lot of preset date ranges.

Level 2

Ok, what I wanted is still not working.
I want my colleagues to have the opportunity to choose the date they need. And for this I want to have something like on the picture. But becaue it would be to cumbersome to add every day a new day in the segment I want it to "roll" and add automatically the new day.

Hanna_Heider_0-1681889325990.png

Of course it is possible to use e.g. "Last 2 weeks" but this is not what I want. Maybe it´s not possible the way I wanna do it, so please let me know

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @Hanna_Heider -- you can create custom data ranges with rolling dates and then drop them into the segment dropdowns.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/components/calendar-dat... 

If you need help with setting up specific rolling dates, let us know!

Level 2

Unfortunately, this is not the way I want it. I guess what I want is not possible

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, not at this time....  is there a reason you don't want them to select a date using the standard date selector?

Community Advisor

Is there a way to do this using the new Relative Date Ranges option?

Check the box below for the panel, date ranges will be relative to the start date of the panel.  Perhaps date ranges such as 7-days ago, 6-days ago, 5-days ago, etc., relative to the start date of the panel, would be helpful?

Josh_KC_0-1682001073876.png