Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Count only Customer Loyalty:New Customer Unique Visitors who place an order

Level 1

The unique visitors count when combined with Customer Loyalty=New Customer segment shows counts of all New Customers, not just those placing their first order. That's to be expected.  But I want to count only New Customers placing their first order. I built a workspace table, with New Customer segment applied and added metric: Orders.  It shows correct counts of orders (as expected). But as soon as I add Unique Visitors metric, it includes all the unique visitors who've visited but not necessarily ordered.  I want to count only New Customer Unique Visitors who have placed an order (my 'new customers' in this month).

So I built a segment [Visitor level] Order does not exist Then ([Visit level] Order >0])  It didn’t work. Does anyone know how to count only New Customer Unique visitors placing an order (not those just visiting)? Tip: Cohorts table doesn’t do it. Adobe have advised me that the first month in cohorts  shows all New Customers (buying and just visiting) and they don’t see that it can be done using cohorts.   Happy to consider any method to solve this (Report builder, Workspace, Reports, Data warehouse).  Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Shelley Haliburton wrote...

Thanks,Saurabh, but no, it doesn't solve it because Order exists is still triggered by Order=0. For it to be a new customer making a purchase, Order must be >=1 (by definition the the order exists too).  Also, your screengrab image is cut off on the right hand side so for future posts, it's a good idea to include the right hand side of your segment so that we know what level you've set your container.  Containers can be set to Hit, Visit, Visitor, Logic.  It's not clear from your image what you set your container to. Thanks for trying to help!

Ok Shelley, See if the below solution works - 

In Analysis Workspace, apply these two segments

1) First-Time Visitors - Define it as "Exclude Visit container where Visit Number is greater than 1".
2) Placed an Order - Define it as "Visitor container where Orders is greater than 0".

Regards,
Saurabh Kumar.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Hello,

Try the below segment - 

Does this help out?

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Shelley Haliburton wrote...

Thanks,Saurabh, but no, it doesn't solve it because Order exists is still triggered by Order=0. For it to be a new customer making a purchase, Order must be >=1 (by definition the the order exists too).  Also, your screengrab image is cut off on the right hand side so for future posts, it's a good idea to include the right hand side of your segment so that we know what level you've set your container.  Containers can be set to Hit, Visit, Visitor, Logic.  It's not clear from your image what you set your container to. Thanks for trying to help!

Ok Shelley, See if the below solution works - 

In Analysis Workspace, apply these two segments

1) First-Time Visitors - Define it as "Exclude Visit container where Visit Number is greater than 1".
2) Placed an Order - Define it as "Visitor container where Orders is greater than 0".

Regards,
Saurabh Kumar.

Level 1

A new customer can purchase on any Visit number.  It doesn't have to be on Visit number 1 so "Exclude Visit container where Visit Number is greater than 1" is incorrect.  I've already set the segment to Order > 0 (mentioned above).  The issue is that it's showing Unique Visitor counts for New customers that have order = 0  (even though the segment explicitly states order >0). I've asked Adobe and they're looking into it but if anyone has done this before, please share.