Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Correlation Breakdown a Traffic Variable by 1 other Traffic Variable

Level 1

When I run a report for a custom traffic variable (prop1),  I see how on each row I can breakdown that result to another traffic variable (prop2).

However I would like to run a breakdown report on more than 1 row at a time.  For instance, I would like the top 10 or 20 results of prop1 to be broken down by prop2.

In this case,  Prop1 is a GUID and Prop2 is varying results depending on if the title of that item has updated throughout the day.

Is there a way to do this in the SiteCatalyst admin?

1) I've seen mentions where correlations need to be 'activated' between the 2 custom properties. I dont understand how to do this.
2) I'd rather not use conversion variables or configure any classifications or use the reporting api, if possible.

Thanks
Stacey

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Stacey,

1.As of March 2013 and as long you are on the SC v15 data platform all correlations are automatically enabled back to upgrade date. It used to be the requirement that you would have to enable correlations and choose certain levels, but that is no longer the case:

Per Ben Gaines: 'Our engi­neer­ing team has now enabled all cor­re­la­tions out of the box in Site­Cat­a­lyst 15. This means no more enabling cor­re­la­tions in the Admin Con­sole, and no more call­ing Client­Care to get a five– or 20-item cor­re­la­tion turned on. All pos­si­ble data rela­tion­ships are avail­able auto­mat­i­cally, and those rela­tion­ships exist going back to your upgrade date.'

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/march-release-madness/

2.If you need more than one line item row for correlations- Data Warehouse, Excel Add In Report Builder, or Data Extract are good comprehensive data pull options.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Stacey,

1.As of March 2013 and as long you are on the SC v15 data platform all correlations are automatically enabled back to upgrade date. It used to be the requirement that you would have to enable correlations and choose certain levels, but that is no longer the case:

Per Ben Gaines: 'Our engi­neer­ing team has now enabled all cor­re­la­tions out of the box in Site­Cat­a­lyst 15. This means no more enabling cor­re­la­tions in the Admin Con­sole, and no more call­ing Client­Care to get a five– or 20-item cor­re­la­tion turned on. All pos­si­ble data rela­tion­ships are avail­able auto­mat­i­cally, and those rela­tion­ships exist going back to your upgrade date.'

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/march-release-madness/

2.If you need more than one line item row for correlations- Data Warehouse, Excel Add In Report Builder, or Data Extract are good comprehensive data pull options.

Best,

Brian