Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Compare segments?

Level 3

Hello,
I grouped several pages in different segments, so that when I am running a "Pages Report" I can use one of these segments and see the statistics only from specific pages that I defined before.
So let's say that I sell clothes, then when I want to see the statistics from the pages belong to "shoes" I run the segment "shoes". And same for "t-shirts" "jackets" etc.

Now I am wondering if it is possible somehow to compare these segments. Can I run a report and see the statistics of these segments grouped all together? So my wish would be to have something like:

Jackets: visits 123456
T-shirts: visits 123456
Shoes: visits 123456

Thanks, I hope I made myself clear!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If you have access to the free form analysis beta OR Ad Hoc Analysis (formerly Discover) that will allow you to compare across more than 2 segments at once in numerous ways. Also if you have the Excel ReportBuilder Add-In you can build several data blocks each filtered by a unique segment to compare. You could also compare segments against each other within an Adobe Analytics dashboard view via a distinct reportlet per segment filter.

Reference Link- Faster Insights with the Analysis Workspace:
http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/faster-insights-with-the-analysis-workspace/

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If you have access to the free form analysis beta OR Ad Hoc Analysis (formerly Discover) that will allow you to compare across more than 2 segments at once in numerous ways. Also if you have the Excel ReportBuilder Add-In you can build several data blocks each filtered by a unique segment to compare. You could also compare segments against each other within an Adobe Analytics dashboard view via a distinct reportlet per segment filter.

Reference Link- Faster Insights with the Analysis Workspace:
http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/faster-insights-with-the-analysis-workspace/

Best,

Brian