Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Combine or summarize Facebook URLs traffic to a single Row.

Level 2

Is there a way to customize a free form table to summarize/combine a group of URLs with parameters such as Facebook and show them as one entry? I want to be able to do this within Adobe Analytics workspace area and not have to export the data. Is using Page name the only other option?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can set up a classification for the variable in your report suite and then use Classification Rule Builder, as the moderator has indicated.

An alternative is to create a segment in which the value of the variable includes a particular parameter. For example, a visit segment in which the entry variable (e.g. Page Name, if an s.prop) contains "facebook" (see screenshot for an example of how you could set this up).

brentrad_0-1620748441792.png

Next, you can drop this segment into a blank freeform table, just as you would a dimension (see screenshot below).

brentrad_1-1620748623459.png

The drawback here is that you cannot combine segments and dimensions in the same table axis, so if you wanted to compare Page Names that included "Facebook" to pages that did not or pages that included other text, you'd need to create additional segments. You'd face a similar issue with the classification approach in that any variable value that doesn't meet the requirements for your Facebook RegEx will be labeled as "Unspecified" in the table.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear John,

1. Yes, Page Name is the best option to use when your want to remove the Query String Parameter.

2. If Page Name is something you need to configure newly, then you can use Classification Rule builder to extract the URLs without the Query String Parameter. 

Regex : ^(.+)\?(.+)$ 

Value : $1

After applying the rule, you can use the Classification value.

2. You can create segments, but you need to create unlimited segments and thus it is not a feasible option.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can set up a classification for the variable in your report suite and then use Classification Rule Builder, as the moderator has indicated.

An alternative is to create a segment in which the value of the variable includes a particular parameter. For example, a visit segment in which the entry variable (e.g. Page Name, if an s.prop) contains "facebook" (see screenshot for an example of how you could set this up).

brentrad_0-1620748441792.png

Next, you can drop this segment into a blank freeform table, just as you would a dimension (see screenshot below).

brentrad_1-1620748623459.png

The drawback here is that you cannot combine segments and dimensions in the same table axis, so if you wanted to compare Page Names that included "Facebook" to pages that did not or pages that included other text, you'd need to create additional segments. You'd face a similar issue with the classification approach in that any variable value that doesn't meet the requirements for your Facebook RegEx will be labeled as "Unspecified" in the table.

Level 2
I did not have admin access to use classifications so I opted for creating segments. This was very helpful and I greatly appreciate it!