Expandir minha barra de realizações na Comunidade.

SOLUCIONADO

Clear var

Level 4

If we use clear var on every rule, then doesn't it affect the purpose of eVar (persistence ) ?

1 Solução aceita

Resposta correta de
Community Advisor

@AEPAA Yes. eVars persistence is based on their configuration in the Analytics report suite settings. ClearVars in Launch doesn't impact eVar once the value has been recorded and sent in a network call.

Cheers.

Ver solução na publicação original

3 Respostas

Community Advisor

@AEPAA Different context. Think of clearVars as you clearing the cache of the browser. This feature is used to ensure that when you trigger a rules, no values from an earlier network call or mapping within Launch sticks to the new rule or network call.

eVar persistence, on the other hand is not based on browser (except for the session based on cookies) but on the expiry defined in the report suite, which can be visit. hit and any other value from the multiple options available.

Both, in summary serve different purpose. One is more tag manager related, to clean up the setup before sending data and the other is there for reporting on user behavior.

Cheers.

Level 4

Hi abhinav, 

I have a doubt , even though I clear the variables in launch. I can make the eVar persist through a visit based on the Adobe Analytics configuration. 

Is it  right?

Resposta correta de
Community Advisor

@AEPAA Yes. eVars persistence is based on their configuration in the Analytics report suite settings. ClearVars in Launch doesn't impact eVar once the value has been recorded and sent in a network call.

Cheers.