Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification Rule Builder not working on a SubClassification key

Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to split an Address into - Street1, Street2, City, State, ZIP, Country - from a field "L3MG Original Address" which is part of a feed into Adobe, and therefore part of a Classification table with key "Listing ID".

I created a Subclassification on "Address" for the six items -  Street1, Street2, City, State, ZIP, Country -.

Then in Rule Builder, used regex  ^(.*)\|(.*)\|(.*)\|(.*)\|(.*)\|(.*)$  to split the address as shown below.

1776877_pastedImage_0.png

Individually, each expression is matching as shown below:

1776899_pastedImage_2.png

But on "Test Rule Set"  it throws the error -

1776900_pastedImage_3.png

Can someone help solve this? Is it because rule builder won't work on a Sub Classification key?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are right, as the rule builder works on the key value (which is the value in the variable), and not the classification value.

Sub-classifications are to be used when a single key can only have a specific classification, and that classification can have a specific sub-classification. If for a single key, there can be two different sub-classification.

In this case, I do not think you need a sub-classificaiton. You can change the structure in the Admin section. And then use the Rule Builder for your automation.

Regards,

Hyder

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

From what I can see, this is not a case for sub-classification. change the structure to normal classification, and then use the rule builder.

Level 10

Hi hyderziaee,

Could you explain why the advice was to change the structure to normal classification?

Level 5

HI Arish,

Please try the below format,

adobe.JPG

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 2

Hi Balaji,

I tried the regex you recommended. It is still throwing the error "Invalid Action on a Key"

I doubt it has something to do with the subclassification key!

Thanks,

Level 2

HI @hyderziaee

Could you explain further what you mean by change the structure to normal classification?

The situation is, we are receiving a feed with some 33 fields for some Listings data. The key is listing_id. One of the fields in the feed is an address value which is further needed to be split into Street, city, zip etc.

I have had a similar experience previously also, where when we try to do regex on a subclassification key, it doesn't work as expected. SO my concern is - is it not possible to apply regex on a sub-classification item?

Thanks for any help here.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are right, as the rule builder works on the key value (which is the value in the variable), and not the classification value.

Sub-classifications are to be used when a single key can only have a specific classification, and that classification can have a specific sub-classification. If for a single key, there can be two different sub-classification.

In this case, I do not think you need a sub-classificaiton. You can change the structure in the Admin section. And then use the Rule Builder for your automation.

Regards,

Hyder

Employee Advisor

@Andrey, I missed your question.

The reason why I mentioned for the change in the structure is cause:

1. Rule Builder will not work on sub-classification
  2. Apart from the structure, there is no other place where you would actually see the reports as a sub-classification, which makes it unnecessary if not required. Here the values can be simple the classification of the actual value, and do not have to be sub-classification
  3. Sub-classification in my opinion should only be used if the key can never be in two sub-classifications, and if the classification needs to be done through file upload (and not rule builder)

Regards,

Hyder