Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Chanel and tracking code

Level 1

Hi, 

Can anyone help to understand, if the breakdown by traffic code for Marketing channels should match with the group it should belong to? Like, e.g. I break down Natural Search and can see that Unspecified is about 80% and cid with 'email' is 20%. Do I understand correctly and real Organic is only 80% of the shown number? Or it's possible for organic traffic to contain the email tracking code? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Tanya_Saburova,

When breaking down Marketing Channel value "Organic" with Tracking and getting 20% traffic for CID parameter, CID values could be the persisting values for the tracking code, when the organic channel was identified tracking code CID value was persisting and were not actually set, to validate the same apply the "Campaign Click-throughs" metrics in the report.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Tanya_Saburova,

When breaking down Marketing Channel value "Organic" with Tracking and getting 20% traffic for CID parameter, CID values could be the persisting values for the tracking code, when the organic channel was identified tracking code CID value was persisting and were not actually set, to validate the same apply the "Campaign Click-throughs" metrics in the report.