Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Cannot find the relationship between Clickstream Datafeed and Data WareHouse

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have data from Adobe Analytics coming from "Clickstream Datafeed" and "Data WareHouse" separately (same Report Suite ID, same Time period).

As I began to analyze the data,  I just found it is difficult to integrate the two data source.

For example, I have [mobile_device_type] and [Last Touch Channel]  in "Data WareHouse",

but I cannot find the two columns in the "Clickstream Datafeed".

How do I get the relationship of  [mobile_device_type] and [Last Touch Channelbetween the two data sources ?

BTW, I found there are [mobile_id] and [va_closer_id] in "Clickstream Datafeed", but since they are all numbers, I don't know whether it is useful or not.

(I am appreciate it if there is any reference table regarding the relationship between the two data sources)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The numeric lookup to va_closer_id can only be found in the Marketing Channel manager in the admin console. If you go there, you'll see all numbers and their associated channel names.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi, 

I suppose this DataFeed Column Reference Document will help you out - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/clickstream/datafeeds_reference.html

Let me know if this fulfills your mapping requirements. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi,

I have read that, but there is no mention between  

[mobile_device_type] and [Last Touch Channel] in "Data WareHouse"

AND  [mobile_id] and [va_closer_id] in "Clickstream Datafeed"., 

--> so I cannot get the  [mobile_device_type] and [Last Touch Channel] information from "Clickstream Datafeed".

Do you know where can I find it ?

Thank you so much!

Level 10

Hi, 

Along with the feed you must have received zipped .TSV files. That folder contains the lookup tables required for the columns. Do you see a related lookup file in that folder?

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the files you mentioned, including

browser.tsv
browser_type.tsv
color_depth.tsv
column_headers.tsv
connection_type.tsv
country.tsv
event.tsv
hit_data.tsv
javascript_version.tsv
languages.tsv
list.txt
operating_systems.tsv
plugins.tsv
referrer_type.tsv
resolution.tsv
search_engines.tsv

, but there is no lookup files I need. (I have checked all the tsv files, different from what I am searching for in the Dataware house)

Huang

Level 1

For mobile device data, you need to speak to a Client Care person and ask for mobile attributes to be enabled. This will give you mobile_attributes.tsv and carrier.tsv. You can then lookup mobile_id in the clickstream and map it to a Mobile Device Type in mobile_attributes.

In terms of the relationship though, Last Touch Channel is a calculated field, based on search_engine, referrer_type, and other rules, so you won't find it in the Clickstream in a readily-usable format. If you really need them to join, then you'll need to emulate the Last Touch Channel calculation in Clickstream, e.g. if referrer_type = 3 and campaign is null, then "Natural Search".

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The numeric lookup to va_closer_id can only be found in the Marketing Channel manager in the admin console. If you go there, you'll see all numbers and their associated channel names.

Level 1

when there is a 0 in the data feed tied to va_closer_id, what does this stand for?  we're assuming that no value was set for this and shows up in reporting as None, but want to confirm.