Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Adobe Analytics Coffee Break: On Monday, January 30 at 10am PT, the NOAM User Group led by Jennifer Dungan and Jeff Bloomer will be joining us to answer your Analytics related questions. To register and for more information, follow the link to the right.
SOLVED

Rolling weeks Friday - Thursday

Level 2

Hi,

I have read through the threads on this topic, but none of them fix this issue.  I work for a large organization; I cannot change the overall calendar (Sunday through Saturday) for our installation of AA.  One of our users wants a rolling week report, but the weeks are not Sunday through Saturday; the client wants Friday through Thursday.  I am trying to create a scheduled report with 4 weeks of data.  

I have tried. using custom date definitions, such as cd - 29d dthrough cd - 2d and the results (today is Saturday 8/20/16) are as follows:

7/22 - 7/23 (Friday and Saturday)

7/24 - 7/30 (Sunday through Saturday)

7/31 - 8/6 (Sunday through Saturday)

8/7 - 8/13 (Sunday through Saturday)

8/14 - 8/18 (Sunday through Thursday)

I find it inconceivable that there is no way to do this.  I cannot use daily data, because certain metrics don't sum properly.

I would love for someone from Adobe to definitively answer this question.  Can this be done or not, given that I do not have Admin rights for the AA instance?

Thanks,
Kathryn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So the way I see it, this is working correctly. If your organization calendar is setup for Sun-Sat week, that is what the report is going to give you.

The way that I can see this happening is that you will need to create 4 different requests. Each being aggregate, but the reporting period will be specific to the week range needed. Also you can set this up for scheduling on a particular day of the week, on a weekly basis. Does this help?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So the way I see it, this is working correctly. If your organization calendar is setup for Sun-Sat week, that is what the report is going to give you.

The way that I can see this happening is that you will need to create 4 different requests. Each being aggregate, but the reporting period will be specific to the week range needed. Also you can set this up for scheduling on a particular day of the week, on a weekly basis. Does this help?