Expand my Community achievements bar.

can we map Adobe Analytics with cloud AEM to report creation or updating date of the web pages?

Community Advisor

Is there a way to connect Adobe Analytics to AEM cloud to report the creation or updation date of the web pages.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not sure how readily available that information is... it also may depend on the code of your front end site?

So my understanding is that the automatic AEM <> Analytics connection is actually rather limited... when we were using AEM and React websites, we didn't use the AEM Analytics integration, partially because we also had 100% react pages in the site that had no connectivity to AEM.

However, the pages that were connected to AEM had an underlying data layer (what React used to build the page), we could extract from that data layer directly, but we also had the developers build a more structured data layer that could use more efficiently. 

My recommendation is to work with your developers to ensure that the information you want to track (such as creation / update dates of the pages) are added to a data layer that you can read and use in your analytics implementation.

Community Advisor

I am planning to connect with the AEM dev team to get these values added to the data layer object and that we can pull on the page view event.