Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can anyone tell me the difference between two definitions

Level 2

manyalakiran_0-1658898221692.pngmanyalakiran_1-1658898238219.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear manyalakiran,

Segment 1 from your screenshot will not receive any results because you cannot set purchase (Order) event twice in the same order i.e. Order can never be equal to 2.

If your container is Visitor, First Launch then Order = 1, will return you all the visitors who launched the application and made at least one order.

If your container is Visitor, First Launch then Order = 1 then Order =1, will return you all the visitors who launched the application and made at least two orders.

So, the numbers will definitely be different.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

There should really be no difference between the two.

Level 2

But I am getting a huge difference.

And moreover if I put 

First Launches then Orders = 1 then Orders = 2 I am not getting any results, why is that happening ?

Is the Order = 2 mean the customers 2nd order ?

Community Advisor

I don't use "Order" metric.. but my thoughts are that maybe Orders is a rolling counter like "Visit Number"?

As in the first order ever is 1, the second order ever is 2 and so on..... 

So in the second example you would never have "order 1" followed by another "order 1"? 

Do you have a way to isolate a user in your testing.. and break down specifically what the order data looks like? Is it a rolling total per user? Or is it a normal counter metric like you are trying to use it as?

Level 2

So I am getting different numbers for 

1) First Launch then Order = 1

2) First Launch then Order = 1 then Order =1

So as per your argument it should be same or the 2nd one should not work.

But I am fetching data for both and they are different

Community Advisor

Unless you are setting two orders in the same hit you won't have any hit where Orders = 2, so that condition will not work. Unless you create a counter eVar for Orders you need to stick to a hit-scope for segmentation considerations.

Community Advisor

Have you tried wrapping the event in the sequential segment into separate Hit containers?

For validation, I can recommend using the Histogram visualization. That will show you if and how many Visitors with more or less than the expected Orders you still have in your data.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear manyalakiran,

Segment 1 from your screenshot will not receive any results because you cannot set purchase (Order) event twice in the same order i.e. Order can never be equal to 2.

If your container is Visitor, First Launch then Order = 1, will return you all the visitors who launched the application and made at least one order.

If your container is Visitor, First Launch then Order = 1 then Order =1, will return you all the visitors who launched the application and made at least two orders.

So, the numbers will definitely be different.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics