Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Campaign Cookie tracking

Level 3

Hi Everyone,
It would be great if you can help me in the below queries:

- As per my experience, most of the companies follow 30 days expiry for the campaign tracking cookies and it depends on the business to business requirement, correct me if I am wrong?
    - If this is true, can I do it per country wise? I mean 30 days for Australia and 20 days for US based on the IP address?

- We want to target the customer after cookie expiry. Because Xmas campaign will never get the credit for Easter as the cookie will overwrite, correct me if I’m wrong?
    - Can I use multiple eVars with different expirations to do that? and how?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Variable expirations are set in the Report Suite Manager. Your options are either time based (hour, week) or action-based (a specific s.event occurs). Dimensions, such as cities, are not available as out-of-the-box options.

Note that ITP (Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) and Adobe Analytics) will limit visitor ID cookies to 7 days, meaning that if the visitor doesn't return to the site within a week of the last visit the cookie will expire. It may not be worth the development time to figure out how to set different durations if Apple users are capped at 7.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Variable expirations are set in the Report Suite Manager. Your options are either time based (hour, week) or action-based (a specific s.event occurs). Dimensions, such as cities, are not available as out-of-the-box options.

Note that ITP (Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP) and Adobe Analytics) will limit visitor ID cookies to 7 days, meaning that if the visitor doesn't return to the site within a week of the last visit the cookie will expire. It may not be worth the development time to figure out how to set different durations if Apple users are capped at 7.