Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Calculation of "Time spent per visit (seconds)"

Level 2

Hi,

I would like to know how to calculate the metric "Time spent per visit (seconds)".

In the Adobe Experience Cloud Help I found this table:

Metric_Time spent per Visit (seconds).jpg

Thus the correct formula should be:

Time spent per visit (seconds) = Total seconds spent / (visits - bounces)

We tried to use the formula in the example below:

Adobe Analytics_ Screenshot.JPG

According to the Help Center formula we have to calculate it like this:

Time spent per Visit (seconds) = 153,26 / (3,914 – 2,964) = 161 seconds

But in this case the declared metric shows 39 seconds. I can imagine that this is the result of the following calculation (without considering the bounces):

Time spent per Visit (seconds) = Total seconds spent/ visits

Time spent per Visit (seconds) = 153,26 / 3,914 = 39 seconds

Does anyone have an answer to this circumstance? Which formula should be used here?

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi cristinapio,

I am investigating this question and I do not have a default metric 'Average Time Spent Per Visit', which makes me wonder how exactly this metric is calculating in your report. Can you share the calculation by clicking the info button and sharing a screenshot of the calculation?

For example this is what I mean, but done with the Average Time Spent metric.
Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 9.57.02 AM.png

Thank you for your help in investigating this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Did you get the answer? I am looking for something similar.

Besides, how did you get 39 seconds?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi cristinapio,

I am investigating this question and I do not have a default metric 'Average Time Spent Per Visit', which makes me wonder how exactly this metric is calculating in your report. Can you share the calculation by clicking the info button and sharing a screenshot of the calculation?

For example this is what I mean, but done with the Average Time Spent metric.
Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 9.57.02 AM.png

Thank you for your help in investigating this.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?