Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Calculation of Average Time on Site

Level 3

If a browser tab is open and not in view whether the time will be used  calculating Average Time on Site ? If yes will it capture infinitely or whether it has a limit when it will expire ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Adobe Analytics needs at least two image requests in a visit to calculate time spent. Time spent will continue to count event when a tab is in the background, *only if* the user comes back to the tab with 30 minutes and causes another image request. 

Another way to think about this is, the last page/hit of a visit will not have time spend information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Thank you @ Andrey_Osadchuk. My Question is when will the last hit happen. When a user comes to my site , with out further interaction he closed his browser. in this case how the last hit happen ?

Correct answer by
Employee

Adobe Analytics needs at least two image requests in a visit to calculate time spent. Time spent will continue to count event when a tab is in the background, *only if* the user comes back to the tab with 30 minutes and causes another image request. 

Another way to think about this is, the last page/hit of a visit will not have time spend information.