Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Calculated Metric Calculation

Level 3

I have a calculated metric requirement, %locator rate = #locator/ total sessions.

I created this as locator (event metric) / visits(metric).

This is the output I get for Locator Rate which I'm unable to interpret,

jan_120_0-1655893265186.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jane_120 Can you please ensure that you are using decimal while creating this calculated metric? The calculated metrics setting allows you to change the formatting (i.e. decimal, percent, etc.) to present in the desired format on the workspace dashboard. You can check this documentation for your reference

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/decimal-numbers-in-calcul...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jane_120 Can you please ensure that you are using decimal while creating this calculated metric? The calculated metrics setting allows you to change the formatting (i.e. decimal, percent, etc.) to present in the desired format on the workspace dashboard. You can check this documentation for your reference

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/decimal-numbers-in-calcul...

Community Advisor

Just to add a little context to this.. 

@jane_120 in your screenshot, the default format is Integer, so you data is rounding to 1 or 2... or in the case of the column, it seems to be rolling to "0"... this is fundamentally why the % breakdown looks so odd...1/0 and 2/0 isn't really valid...

As @VaniBhemarasetty said, I would change the rate to display as decimal, and I would hide % in the display... or maybe you actually want to display as a %.. in this case, if you change the format to %, only one number will show in your column (but it will no longer be % of the column total, it will actually be your calculation).

Level 3

Thank you @VaniBhemarasetty for the solution, now it's working as expected.

Changed it to decimal.

Community Advisor

Both @Jennifer_Dungan and @VaniBhemarasetty are correct.  This is just like doing a Conversion Rate (orders/visits or orders/uv), except you're doing a DECIMAL instead of a percentage.

jeff_bloomer_0-1655909033075.png

In fact, after you remove the percentage displayed in your actual column, which is highly distracting next to your actual number, I believe things will make a lot more sense.  Also, if you know a lot of your users aren't using the Locator, it might be good to remove the GRAND Total from your display at the top.

jeff_bloomer_1-1655909442719.png

jeff_bloomer_3-1655909808770.png

Between the three of us, I hope this helps!

Jeff Bloomer

Level 3

Thank you @Jennifer_Dungan  and @jeff_bloomer for your valuable inputs. It surely has helped me.