Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bulk breakdown

Level 1

Hi,

Can some one please guide me or let me know if it is possible to perform a bulk breakdown for multiple records in a single request?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yeah, see the 'Breakdown reports' section on this page: analytics-2.0-apis/reporting-guide.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis · GitHub

There's also using multiple breakdowns here: analytics-2.0-apis/reporting-multiple-breakdowns.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis · GitHu...

In workspace, click on the first item then shift+click on the last item - once all those dimension values are selected, drag a dimension over to break down all highlighted values.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Mihai, is this for the API, Workspace, something else?

Level 1

I am mostly interested in the API 2.0. Still curious if this is possible in Analytics Workspace as well.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yeah, see the 'Breakdown reports' section on this page: analytics-2.0-apis/reporting-guide.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis · GitHub

There's also using multiple breakdowns here: analytics-2.0-apis/reporting-multiple-breakdowns.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis · GitHu...

In workspace, click on the first item then shift+click on the last item - once all those dimension values are selected, drag a dimension over to break down all highlighted values.

Level 1

Is there any way that we can change multiple breakdowns to a value above 5 at one time after bulk adding breakdowns?

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi Gigazelle,

Thank you for those hints. I had a look at those resources already. Most probably I did not explained my need in a clear manner. What I am trying to do is to make a single request to Adobe API 2.0 in order to retrieve a report breakdown based on the specified dimension for all records that belong to the first level report. According to the existing documentation if you want to get a breakdown report you would have to make  a breakdown request for each individual item.

_\|/_
         (o o)
+----oOO-{_}-OOo---------------+
|Your help is much appreciated!|
+-----------------------------*/

Level 1

I found this thread while trying to do something very similar. I would like to breakdown all the dimensions in the report by another event. I get that I can do this in the Adobe Analytics UI by SHIFT+clicking the dimensions and adding the dimension I want to breakdown by, but when using the API it appears you have to specify the breakdown at each dimension in the report.

Ideally I would like a global breakdown on all items in the report via the Adobe Analytics API. Is this possible?

Employee Advisor

That is correct - it cannot be done in a single request.

Level 1

I am facing the same issue. I would like to create a table with multiple dimensions (more than 2, up to 5/10 etc) and metrics.

From the documenation I also understand that you are supposed to nest the request and thus can't do this using only one request. It seems so overly complicated to me that I'm still wondering if this was normal or not.