Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Build Adobe Analytics API Requests for Data Warehouse Report

Level 1

Hi everyone -

I schedule data warehouse report to be delivered to my email regularly. And connect to the csv file via Tableau to build a dashboard. Now I want to use the API and send that AA data to Oracle Data Mart so Tableau can automatically connect and refresh data. How can I get Json request for my original data ware house request.

Please advice.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The Data Warehouse API (analytics-1.4-apis/docs/data-warehouse-api at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub​) can be used to manage and generate data warehouse requests. However, once it arrives at its destination, it is simply a spreadsheet file and cannot be manipulated by any Analytics API at that point.

If you'd like to take the resulting spreadsheet file and do something with it, you'll want to use server-side software to parse the data warehouse file in a format Data Mart can use, then send it off. I know that there are some Adobe consultants who specialize in data connections such as this. If this is something you'd like to pursue, you can get in touch with your organization's account manager.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The Data Warehouse API (analytics-1.4-apis/docs/data-warehouse-api at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub​) can be used to manage and generate data warehouse requests. However, once it arrives at its destination, it is simply a spreadsheet file and cannot be manipulated by any Analytics API at that point.

If you'd like to take the resulting spreadsheet file and do something with it, you'll want to use server-side software to parse the data warehouse file in a format Data Mart can use, then send it off. I know that there are some Adobe consultants who specialize in data connections such as this. If this is something you'd like to pursue, you can get in touch with your organization's account manager.