Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bug? - Line Diagram by Week, Data range last full 53 weeks

Level 8
Level 8

Hi there,

I am working on create line chart for a specific ratio data. (please ignore the typos in the screen cuts)

Date range: last 53 full weeks.

I select one cell and locked the selection for the chart on the upper-left, then choose granularity to "Month". - Until now there is no problem.

H_L_2-1657106851946.png

Then, on the upper-left chart, I change the Granularity from Month to Week, as you can see, the latest date can only till to some week of 2021, but not the latest week of end of June 2022 (now is early of July, not full week yet)

H_L_3-1657106999205.png

When I expand the chart to largest width, it works fine - the week of 27-JUN-2022 displayes.

Is it a bug caused by the too small size of line chart?

Is there a workaround to resolve?

Thank you.

H

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That's odd.. I have line graphs that take up 2/5 of the width in my workspace and show last 53 weeks by week without cutting off any data....

Can you check the settings on your line graph to make sure that "Limit Max Items" isn't selected:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1657161497042.png

It might be selected, and you can specify the cut off like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1657161526767.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, yes, the range of the x-axis is limited by the size of your chart.

The only workaround to satisfy your requirement would be to use a shorter date range for your report. But I don't think that's ideal for you, because you want a long date range for your other visualisations.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That's odd.. I have line graphs that take up 2/5 of the width in my workspace and show last 53 weeks by week without cutting off any data....

Can you check the settings on your line graph to make sure that "Limit Max Items" isn't selected:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1657161497042.png

It might be selected, and you can specify the cut off like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1657161526767.png

Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jennifer,

No matter the option is ticked or not, same result.

I create 6 same chart, but only 2 of them got this issue, the rests have no issue.

I even tried to remove and re-create the chart, same result.

So, yes, weird

Community Advisor

That is very weird... are the visualizations having issues all using calculated metrics? Maybe there is a bug with certain calculations?

Level 8
Level 8

All the visulizations are using same metric.

I just tried to re-build the visulization which had issue and refreshed the dashboard, now the problem is gone

Community Advisor

lol.. that's both weird and good! I'm glad the issue is now fixed, but it would be nice to have an underlying reason to point this to.....