Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Breakdown of Unique Visitors by Last Touch Channel is Greater than Total

Level 4

Hi Community,

I want to analyze my unique visitors by last touch channel over a trimester. The total seems to be 320K. But once I sum up each line I see more than the total (the sum of the 5 first lines is already greater than the total).

See screenshot below:

Capture d’écran 2021-12-23 093918.pngThanks to this post, I understand the for marketing channel, a unique visitor can be counted in 2 differents channel. But since I'm using the "Last Touch Channel", how can it be possible?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is due to de-duplication of visitors when showing total. A visitor may have seen more than one channel (each channel will show the visitor count). When total is calculated Analytics de-duplicates those visitors and regards him as one unique visitor.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is due to de-duplication of visitors when showing total. A visitor may have seen more than one channel (each channel will show the visitor count). When total is calculated Analytics de-duplicates those visitors and regards him as one unique visitor.