Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Bounce Rate Question

Level 3

What does it may mean when i am able to see bounce rate (which is not zero) for my non landing pages. I can see bounce rate for all of my pages and most of them are not landing pages where users can land directly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Following ursboller's reply, pay attention to when the site authenticated session expires. It may be the case that while AA visit expires, the auth-session remains active. The visitors open the page (via bookmarks, page reload, ...) and then leave. This may be one of the possible scenarios you are observing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

there are a lot of reasons why you get a bounce rate. but first, lets look at the technique: the bounce rate is calculated "bounces : entries", see here: Bounce Rate

here are some reasons why users might come directly to pages which you describe as "non-landing-pages":

- user found a way to access directly either by search engines

- someone posted a link somewhere or sent email to friends

- visit "timed out" (30 mins) because user left computer for a moment, then came back to make one hit (reload?) and disappear...

I suggest you have a look at

a) how many entries/exits do you have on those pages?

b) where did they come from (referrer, previous pagename,...)

c) did the have another visit on the same day?

just a few ideas ...

Level 3

Thank you. The website is an authenticated one so when i say non landing pages, it means that you can't reach certain pages without login actions and pages. I will do have a look at where did they come from (referrer, previous pagename,...) and see if it gives me any thing.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Following ursboller's reply, pay attention to when the site authenticated session expires. It may be the case that while AA visit expires, the auth-session remains active. The visitors open the page (via bookmarks, page reload, ...) and then leave. This may be one of the possible scenarios you are observing.