Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

aVars vs Props report

Level 2

Hi Folks,

I would like to run something by you.

I have a metric "Comment"; which is present only on an article page. However when I run the Page Type report (eVar8) combine with the comment event I can also see the Homepage being included in the report, despite there is no the comment event on the homepage. I believe this has something to do with characteristics of eVars and Props. But the when I use the Props report I can't change a metric (only available metrics are instances, visits etc)

Qs:

If my assumption is correct (eVar assigns a value to the page type = home page because the user has stated on the homepage), am I actually seeing inflated numbers?

How do I run the report which would show me only those types relevant to the comment event?

Thanks guys,

Jakub

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for reaching to the community!

Assuming everything is right on the implementation side, I think it has something to do with your evar settings. 

Could you please share your evar allocation settings so I could debug the issue?

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for reaching to the community!

Assuming everything is right on the implementation side, I think it has something to do with your evar settings. 

Could you please share your evar allocation settings so I could debug the issue?

Regards,

TM