Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Annotation in Adobe Analytics - where can I see the annotation I made?

Level 1

Hi all,

I figured out that Adobe has added the annotation option to the data in the free form table:

174773xid_0-1643734938435.png

When I click on this option, I get to the next view:

174773xid_1-1643734969079.png

When I finish filling out the title, and selecting the date range I want to make the annotation for I click on "save".

After that, I don't see anything happen to my project. I don't see the annotation I made. Where can I find this? I would want to use it to explain some of the spikes in my line chart.

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is what I found. The feature is currently in beta phase. This is why the annotation is not available after creation. This feature is expected to be rolled out to all customers with the March MR.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear 174773xid,

I am wondering when Adobe released this feature because I don't see anything on release notes or in Workspace documentation. I am hoping that it should be a bug for now, sorry, I might me overlooking too.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 4

This feature is not available in workspace as of now (as far as I am aware). But it is available in the data workbench. You can create annotations using data workbench and then export it in the workspace. Here are some guides that will help you

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/data-workbench/using/client/visualizations/c-call-wkspc.html

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/data-workbench/using/client/visualizations/c-present-layer.h...

Thanks

Community Advisor

Dear

I am aware of Calender Events and its limitation in Workspace.

Did you check your Workspace Project today? You should see 'Create Annotations' but when we create nothing changes. So, the option was added to production by mistake and I hope it is a BUG. Can you raise it engineering team and shed us some lights here? Thanks much.

Level 1

Dear @Khurshid_Alam, thanks for your reply. I have checked @Andrey_Osadchuks video (which is helpful) but that is not the issue I am facing.

It seems there is a feature called "create annotation from selection" added to the freeform table (right click on the mouse - or see image in the original post). Following these steps does not seem to create an annotation, while the option is there (see second image). 

Level 2

I'm having the same problem. I have created the annotation, however I don't see it anywhere on this report. I also hope other people who use Adobe Analytics can see this. Can anyone explain how this works?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is what I found. The feature is currently in beta phase. This is why the annotation is not available after creation. This feature is expected to be rolled out to all customers with the March MR.

Community Advisor

Dear panktishahschwab,

Yes, available and you can access it now.