Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Analytics company ID

Level 1

This is probably a simple question, but I haven't been able to find an answer.  When setting up an Analytics mobile app property in Data Collection, a value for tracking server is required, screenshot below.  The value expected is <company>.data.adobedc.net.  There is a third-party cookie implementation on the website.

First question is, where do I get the value for company?  I assume this is the prefix automatically prepended to report suite names, but I don't see any Adobe documentation confirming this.

Second question.  As noted, there's no first-party cookie setup, and the website server call goes to the 112.2o7.net domain.  Does this make a difference?  Is there additional setup we need to do to send data to <company>.data.adobedc.net?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 134150.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe you need to contact support to set up this edge server domain for your company. While you are correct, the name will likely ultimately resolve to the format <company>.data.adobedc.net, it will not work until this is set up.

Also, your web tracking server using the 112.2o7.net domain cannot be used for Mobile Apps, since mobile apps need to use the edge server, which cannot use this variant.

On that note, I would highly recommend converting your website over to a first party tracking domain (rather than 112.2o7.net). It should be noted that for your websites, you would still want to have proper first party domains set up for tracking, something like "s.domain.com"

Your mobile apps don't need "first party" the same way a website does, since the app determines unique visitors based on the device install... not cookies.  Your website however if you want your users to be properly tracked need to get this onto a first party implementation.

It should also be noted that the "s.domain.com" can be set up by Adobe (they will handle the SSL certificate as well)... the only thing you will need to do is make sure your DevOPs create DNS records for the tracking server (Adobe Support will provide all the information that is needed for this configuration). You can also handle the certificates yourself if your company would prefer.. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe you need to contact support to set up this edge server domain for your company. While you are correct, the name will likely ultimately resolve to the format <company>.data.adobedc.net, it will not work until this is set up.

Also, your web tracking server using the 112.2o7.net domain cannot be used for Mobile Apps, since mobile apps need to use the edge server, which cannot use this variant.

On that note, I would highly recommend converting your website over to a first party tracking domain (rather than 112.2o7.net). It should be noted that for your websites, you would still want to have proper first party domains set up for tracking, something like "s.domain.com"

Your mobile apps don't need "first party" the same way a website does, since the app determines unique visitors based on the device install... not cookies.  Your website however if you want your users to be properly tracked need to get this onto a first party implementation.

It should also be noted that the "s.domain.com" can be set up by Adobe (they will handle the SSL certificate as well)... the only thing you will need to do is make sure your DevOPs create DNS records for the tracking server (Adobe Support will provide all the information that is needed for this configuration). You can also handle the certificates yourself if your company would prefer.. 

Community Advisor

There's a help page dedicated to setting up first-party cookies using CNAME: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/core-services/interface/administration/ec-cookies/cookies-fi...

All Adobe customers should really be doing this by default, especially as browsers are blocking third-party cookies.