Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Analytics being sent

Level 1

In the event that you get to a website from a paid search ad, what analytics on this will actually be sent?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sure does! Here's what you'll want to do.

1. Install the Adobe Experience Cloud debugger here: Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger - Chrome Web Store
  2. Click the debugger icon in the upper right of Chrome
  3. Follow the instructions on a
  4. Take note of the variables set in the Adobe Analytics call
  5. Repeat with instructions on b
  6. Take note of the variables set in the Adobe Analytics call

Also worth noting, the correct branding for the tool is Adobe Analytics - Omniture hasn't been used for many years. Hope this helps!-

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

HI Brooke, can you clarify your question? Are you referring to what data will be sent when a user clicks through a website from paid search?

The answer to this is that it's going to be different for everyone. However, you can check yourself by opening the Adobe Debugger after clicking through a paid search link to your site. You'll be able to see all variables populated.

Level 1

Hi Gigazelle, I do not actually have the Adobe Analytics platform as this is a question that I am supposed to be answering for a job in which they use adobe analytics. The question being asked specifically is "What the actual eVars, sProps, and events that are being sent to Adobe based on getting to a retail website from a paid search ad."

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Employee Advisor

I'd love to help, I really would, but the phrase "What the actual eVars, sProps, and events that are being sent to Adobe based on getting to a retail website from a paid search ad." is not actually a question, nor can I derive one from it.

Level 1

Hi Gigazelle,

Here are the specific questions that I have been asked:

1. When you land on Saks Fifth Avenue site what information (evars props and events) do you see that are being sent to Omniture in the following scenarios:
    1. When you land on the site via paid search
    2. Within the site when you click on one of the categories under Women’s Apparel Top Navigation Menu. Please list out all the steps you took to reach the destination Page

I am doing this for a case interview, and the manager said that I can take a screenshot because the information lives directly on the site. Initially, I submitted the question and indicated the analytics that would be apparent with the URL, but the manager said that those were 3rd party tab information, not the actual eVars, sProps, and events that were being sent to Adobe.

Hope this clarifies my question!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sure does! Here's what you'll want to do.

1. Install the Adobe Experience Cloud debugger here: Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger - Chrome Web Store
  2. Click the debugger icon in the upper right of Chrome
  3. Follow the instructions on a
  4. Take note of the variables set in the Adobe Analytics call
  5. Repeat with instructions on b
  6. Take note of the variables set in the Adobe Analytics call

Also worth noting, the correct branding for the tool is Adobe Analytics - Omniture hasn't been used for many years. Hope this helps!-

Level 1

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help!