Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

All pages viewed by specific user, is it possible?

Level 5

Hi everybody!

Is it possible to know all the pages viewed by specific users?

For instance, we would like to know which product pages a specific user (in that case track with a kind of user ID) is seeing so as to learn his/hers interests. We do not necessarily need a flow, just a page name or product name is sufficient but not quite sure if it´s possible. 

If it is, how can we achieve that?

8 Replies

Level 2

In Workspace, I would set up a Freeform Table where the dimension is an Adobe Analytics ID (or an ID that you've set up manually), and then break it down by the Page dimension. The metric for the use case would be Page Views.

Level 5

But I can have thousands of IDs. 
Is there a way to break each down by the page dimension? would be impossible to break down each ID individually.

I´ll also have to export this data afterward.

I also managed to get the results by putting the page names in the metric part, and the pageview metric in the dimension and then breaking it down by the ID. but my problem, in this case, is that some of our sites are huge, it would be impossible to get page by page and add them individually in the metric area,

Level 2

If you want to do this at scale, you can select the same dimensions and metrics in Data Warehouse and export it to an FTP location. 

If the scale is too large for an Excel file, I'd recommend setting up a data feed into a database and querying the data from there.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Yes, it is possible to do this, however you have to take into account low-traffic bucketing, depending on how much traffic you get. If you have a lot of unique users on your site some of the visitor IDs will get low-traffic bucketed. This can also happen for page names, depending on how many pages are on your site (although page name is less likely to get low-traffic bucketed than URL, so I always recommend using page name dimension). If you're not sure what low-traffic bucketing is, this page explains it really well. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/low-traffic.html?lang=en

Other than that, I agree with the above response, use the metric "page views", whatever your visitor ID dimension is, and break it down by page. 

Community Advisor

Dear fern1,

Adobe identifies the visitor based on the Visitor ID (Analytics ID or Experience Cloud ID).

If you run a report on Visitor ID and break it down by Pages or Products, you would get to know the expected.

However, this Visitor ID is not available in Workspace or Reports & Analytics by default unless you capture it in a custom prop or an eVar.

So, you need to use Data Warehouse where Adobe by default stores Visitor Id (Analytics ID) and Experience Cloud ID. Generate the report using them and break it down by Pages or Products.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 5

In our case, we are using our own Visitor ID - eVar (captured with data layer). 
is there documentation on how to use the data warehouse?

I opened it but I'm still clueless about how to use it.
To sums up, I need to break down each ID by page name or the other way around.

Level 5

So I´ve been playing around with Data Warehouse but failing so far.
What I need is something similar to this 
(know every page visit by a specific ID)

fern1_0-1663597838897.png

In the case above I would have to break down each User ID (evar-data layer) individually by page name, which is impossible. 
So trying to use Data Warehouse, I'm not managing to get the User ID brokedown by page name views.
I already tried so many mix matches (using ID as breakdowns, or as metrics, etc).. if I put page name as a metric, I only get instances, not the name of the pages.. the same way that if I put page name as breakdown and UserID as another breakdown I get only the data from the 1st. How can I do this??

fern1_0-1663601795459.png

Img just to illustrate what I'm getting from the data warehouse

Level 2

Your data warehouse report should be pretty easy to put together. You need to select eVar4 (your ID) and then select your page dimension (eVar3 Page Name or any other page dimension). Then, the only metric you need to add is Page Views. That should give you the view that you require.

If you followed the instructions, then your columns would populate as ID, Page Name, Page Views.