Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Alerts when metric is 0

Level 1

Hi community,

I'm trying to create some simple alerts when specific metrics drop to 0, to catch cases where tracking has broken for some reason.

I would expect to be able to do this with the "is below or equals" operator, but for some reason the preview states it would create a false positive every week. So how to achieve this?

I've also tried to achieve this with "Anomaly is below expected" set to 99.9% threshold, which I would expect to be precise enough to catch cases where a metric drops to 0 or near 0. But that already gives an alert where the anomaly is 40% below expected, which is way too sensitive. How to understand the relationship between threshold and anomaly percentage?

2021-02-24_18-19-36.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jusaha,

Guess the alert is triggering with the consideration of 'Is above or equals' 0 rather than 'Is below or equals' 0.

Can you change the condition to some other and reassign it to see? If it is still showing the same, it is a bug for sure. You should reach Customer Care.

And, you have applied a Segment in the Alert. I hope you have applied the same segment while giving us the workspace screengrab. If not, apply the segment to see the results.

Thanks, Arun.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jusaha,

Guess the alert is triggering with the consideration of 'Is above or equals' 0 rather than 'Is below or equals' 0.

Can you change the condition to some other and reassign it to see? If it is still showing the same, it is a bug for sure. You should reach Customer Care.

And, you have applied a Segment in the Alert. I hope you have applied the same segment while giving us the workspace screengrab. If not, apply the segment to see the results.

Thanks, Arun.

Level 1

Thanks, I've changed the operator around but doesn't seem to make any difference, so must be a bug then. I do have the same segment applied both in the report and alert, but yes good point that too.