Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Aggregate data from multiple webpages

Level 1

Our product has a set of pages on a much larger site. Is there a way to group these pages so that I can generate a report based on the aggregated data (as if the group of pages was its own domain)?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @hansenedr ,

Yes, you can group the pages with Classifications.

Level 1
Thank you, Andrey. Would creating a segment be an easier option?

Level 1
It depends. Sometimes the segment creation may require too many rules that either makes it difficult to create it or make Workspace to slow down. Obviously, try with the segment first and if you realise it's too complex, consider a classification.

Level 4

Creating a segment will work if there is a clear pattern/similarities you see across the different data set you have collected (e.g. similarities in the page URL).

Moving forward, do consider populating a dimension (eVar or prop) that you can use to segment data for multiple pages (if this is a recurring use case) Like for example, you have numerous landing pages, product pages, and blog pages, I will populate some sort of a page category prop and fill in that value with the appropriate page category and then just do segmentation in Workspace to see aggregated data for the desired group of pages

Level 4

Also, check your implementation for the "Site Section" dimension. Depending on how the larger site is structured, that may have what you need already.

If not, +1 to @Andrey_Osadchuk and @mikeetiuPH 's approaches.

Community Advisor

Hi @hansenedr!

The company I work for already does this, and depending on how organized you are, you can do it how either @Andrey_Osadchuk or @mikeetiuPH suggested.
I can already tell you I am using a segment at the HIT level that gets everything that I need because the pages all start with a base-level name.  If you're already using page naming conventions that work in your favor to use either of these approaches, you should be in good shape!  Otherwise, you may have a little pre-work ahead of you.

Happy reporting!

Jeff Bloomer

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?