Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Advanced Search within the report in Ad Hoc

Level 1

Hi, This is specific to Advanced Search in Ad Hoc. I see four options presented to Search this report using:

1) All of these words

2) The exact phrase

3) Any of these words

4) None of these words

Is there any documentation on this that we can refer? Are there any special characters that cannot be used? When I search for a specific keyword within the report as "silverspoon" I end up getting 'Report has no data' although I do see results without the quotes.

Are there any delimiters that can be used to separate multiple words? Can I search words together? Is it case sensitive?

Can I use regex? Can you please provide examples?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ashwini Vishwanath wrote...

Hi, This is specific to Advanced Search in Ad Hoc. I see four options presented to Search this report using:

1) All of these words

2) The exact phrase

3) Any of these words

4) None of these words

Is there any documentation on this that we can refer?

Indeed we do! Here's the exact page that outlines the operators used in segments:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_operators.html

It looks like the quotes are what's killing it. Try it without quotes and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi Scott,

Ashwani is referring to Ad Hoc Analysis(erstwhile Discover) however per your previous post I think you are referring to Report Builder. Please let us know if this is not correct.

Thanks

Nikhil

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Ashwini Vishwanath wrote...

1) All of these words

2) The exact phrase

3) Any of these words

4) None of these words

Is there any documentation on this that we can refer?

Indeed we do! Here's the exact page that outlines the operators used in segments:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_operators.html

It looks like the quotes are what's killing it. Try it without quotes and you should be good to go.

Level 1

I don't believe the question was answered correctly. What Ashwini and I are looking for is a guide to the report filter called 'Advanced Search', not a filter guide for segments. [img]6-11-2015 12-34-48 PM.jpg[/img]

Level 8

Hi Ashwani,

Refer to the AdHoc Analysis Help and let us know in case you still have any queries.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 3

It looks like I posted to the wrong thread. Apologies for that :)