Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Heartbeat + Brightcove Player Integration

Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Adobe Heartbeat with the Brightcove Media player for video tracking. I'm having some difficulty sifting through the documentation on how to properly implement this player. Brightcove has an implementation guide that seems fairly straight-forward and found on GitHub (https://github.com/BrightcoveOS/videojs-omniture). Adobe also provides documentation that explains a different process and seems more complicated. My question is, do both options work -- is there an advantage of one compared to the other?

Also, it's my understanding that there is a difference between the Adobe Tracking server and Heartbeat tracking server...how do I figure out what the Heartbeat tracking server address is?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are correct that there are multiple ways to implement video tracking - this is true across all video players, not just Brightcove.

Brightcove tracking using Heartbeat implementation

Brightcove tracking using AppMeasurement implementation

The heartbeat implementation would be preferred in my opinion, as heartbeat tracking is the recommended video tracking currently. Tracking servers should be the same between standard analytics calls and heartbeat calls.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are correct that there are multiple ways to implement video tracking - this is true across all video players, not just Brightcove.

Brightcove tracking using Heartbeat implementation

Brightcove tracking using AppMeasurement implementation

The heartbeat implementation would be preferred in my opinion, as heartbeat tracking is the recommended video tracking currently. Tracking servers should be the same between standard analytics calls and heartbeat calls.

Employee

Is this documentation still valid for heartbeat version 2.x?