Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Mobile SDK causing immediate app crash on certain phone types

Level 2

Hi there,

our mobile devs confronted us with an issue that they think is caused by the Adobe Analytics SDK which results in the immediate crash of the application after the start.

These are the SDK's that are implemented in the application: 

JanJav_0-1674556241632.png

This is the error (they claim the full stackTrace contains the calls from Adobe libraries):

JanJav_2-1674556447635.png

The problem occurs only on the Xiaomi phones. Has anyone come across such issue?

Many thanks,

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To be honest, I don't see anything in that stackTrace that looks like Adobe SDK... or is coming from an Adobe Library... I could be wrong though... I am not a mobile developers, I work with our development team....

Adobe files are usually named in such as way to make it obvious.. but it's also possible that something in your App is interacting with the SDK in such a way as to cause a failure... 

We haven't noticed any such issues, and our dev team monitors crashes as reported by Firebase, the mobile app stores, and Adobe Analytics, etc..... 

You might need to reach out to client care and get someone who can actually dig into the code with your developers?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To be honest, I don't see anything in that stackTrace that looks like Adobe SDK... or is coming from an Adobe Library... I could be wrong though... I am not a mobile developers, I work with our development team....

Adobe files are usually named in such as way to make it obvious.. but it's also possible that something in your App is interacting with the SDK in such a way as to cause a failure... 

We haven't noticed any such issues, and our dev team monitors crashes as reported by Firebase, the mobile app stores, and Adobe Analytics, etc..... 

You might need to reach out to client care and get someone who can actually dig into the code with your developers?