Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics API 1.4 Real-Time element inaccessible error

Level 1

Hi all, I'm trying to use the Analytics API to get Real-Time data from reports.

I'm able to get and set Real Time settings (using Save/GetRealTimeSettings), but when I use Report.Run specifying as element the props enabled in the report I get the following response back:

{
    "error""element_inaccessible",
    "error_description""You do not have permission to access elements: \"propX\"",
}

I gave all the possible accesses in the project settings, I checked also other privileges and permissions in the Admin tools but nothing seems to work to get the access.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The error you mentioned seems to be related to permission issues.

Are you the product admin for Analytics?
If not please make sure you have the access of product profile in which the report suite and its variables like evar, props(which you are trying to use in API) are added in the permission section of the product profile. You can ask one of system admin to check it for you under admin console.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The error you mentioned seems to be related to permission issues.

Are you the product admin for Analytics?
If not please make sure you have the access of product profile in which the report suite and its variables like evar, props(which you are trying to use in API) are added in the permission section of the product profile. You can ask one of system admin to check it for you under admin console.

Level 1

@vibhatna I reached out to the Admin and after checking the permissions he granted more access (even if not sure that would solve the issue).

After that the error response is not anymore reported as "element_inaccessible" but as 

{
    "error""realtime_report_invalid",
    "error_description""This report is not configured for realtime",
}

When sending request to ReportSuite.GetRealTimeSettings we get back exactly the reports we are trying to Run.

I found this Solved question where an user got the same issue I have now and needed to reach out to Support:

UPDATE: It looks like I was setting body not correctly; I thought I would be able to get data for all the 3 dimensions associated to a metrics with one request, while it looks like you can get data for only one dimension associated at a time.

i.e. in report description JSON
"metrics": [
{ "id": "eventY"}
],
"elements": [
{ "id": "propX"}
]

and not 

"metrics": [
{ "id": "eventY"}
],
"elements": [