Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adjustment of copied segments

Level 1

Hey guys,

I often work in workspace with complex segments (many containers or/and sequential segments), which do have only partial differences (eg visitor vs visit scope) or additional conditions.

Is there any possibility to copy segments and adjust the copied segment without any modifications of the original?

==> at the moment I create every segments from scratch. Would be very efficient to have the possibility explained above.

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Open a segment, apply changes and click Save as.
Alternatively, go to Components > Segments, select a segment and click Copy.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Open a segment, apply changes and click Save as.
Alternatively, go to Components > Segments, select a segment and click Copy.

Level 6

Hi @stahl_p ,

If you want to create a new segment using the segment logic of the previous segment. Then I will suggest you to please open an existing segment & add the recent changes. After making the changes, please give the name to the segment and then click on the 'Save As' button as shown below.

kainth_0-1597646314374.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 4

Within segment manager, we have an option to create a copy of segment. It also allows you to share, tag, rename the segment as well.

Refer: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-m...

Level 1

stahl_p_0-1597657961289.png

I actually create those segments in the workspace area and mostly do not make those segments public (I mostly use those for ad-hoc analysis).

As long as I just use those segments in the workspace area, and open the segment builder the "save as" option is not displayed.

The only possibility to copy/adjust those segments is to go the detour of the segment manager, correct?

Segment manager:

stahl_p_1-1597658270014.png

Level 6

Hi @stahl_p ,

If you are creating the segment from the Workspace then the segments will not give you the option of 'Save As' if those segments are not public. So, you can check the check-box of making the segment public while creating the segment from the Workspace.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?