Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Ad Hoc client crashes in OSX - very annoying

Level 1

Hi!

Does anyone have a similar problem? The client crashes when interacting, for example when trying to save project to shared space but also at random.

Running: OSX 10.10.3

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kim,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, here are a few things you can try:

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue after doing these. Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 1

Clarification: The Client does not crash but rather goes into "spinning beach ball of death"  - mode and does not leave it.

Level 4

Yes, I have this issue too, but mainly whenever I type into a search field for example looking for a Dimension or Metric, then Ad Hoc will randomly hang.

I've pretty much resorted to running Ad Hoc in a VM as it's too flakely on the Mac.

Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

We had a scheduled maintenance for Ad-hoc on 9th and 10th. I suppose thats the reason.

Please update me if you are still facing the issue.

Regards,

TM

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kim,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, here are a few things you can try:

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue after doing these. Thanks!

Level 1

I'm glad to hear that someone else is having this issue too - I have also resorted to using a Virtual Machine 

Level 1

Hi Guys,

Any solution for this? The Client is still crashing (i have started to run a PC because of this)? 

Can you replicate this error on your side?

Best Regards,

Kim

Level 1

Hi guys,

Like the other people on this page, my Adhoc is crashing around about every 7 minutes. I've tried:

- re-installing Java

- clearing the Java cache

- using a different browser

- repairing disk permissions

None of this appears to be working. I'm using a Mac. What's the solution here? It is driving me absolutely insane and making it incredibly difficult to do any reporting.

Mike

Level 10

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the trouble caused.

Just want to confirm if you have also re-downloaded your discover.jnlp file and deleted all previous ones? There have been some recent code fixes by engineering for such issues so that might solve your problem.

If that does not make things better, kindly let me know.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

Hi TM,

Thanks for your response. I'm prompted to download discover.jlnp every time I launch Ad Hoc. I'm currently on my 47th download (I've only been using it for two weeks!) My colleague says that he has similar problems on his Mac. My other colleague who doesn't use a Mac says he has NO problems.

What's the solution here?

Mike

Level 1

Hi there - did you get my previous response? Is there any one I can talk to about this directly? It crashed on me five times within ten minutes today, and I really need Ad Hoc for client deliverables 

Level 10

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the issue.

As you are still facing problems, I would request you to reach out to our ClientCare through your supported user. They would be able to rectify your problem.

Regards,

TM