Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AA segment issue

Level 2

Hi there, I'm trying to create AA segment, that would sort of group of pages with specific pagenames. The pagenames of such pages starts with "Main: pojisteni:cestovni-pojisteni" followed by detailed specification of each page (like "Main: pojisteni:cestovni-pojisteni:rodinne-cestovni-pojisteni-2.2"). See the segment setup attached (definition is for "hit"). With segment applied I want in my Pages report to see only pages starting with "Main: pojisteni:cestovni-pojisteni", but this won't happen (see attached). Any idea whats wrong? Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Attribution to success events in the context of site content pages is linear- therefore you are getting the results despite your segment filter logic due to the specific metric properties in play:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_pages.html

Note that in Reports & Analytics, metrics on the Pages Report use linear allocation. For example, revenue is split between all pages viewed before a purchase event. This can cause confusion for some metrics that you might expect to occur only on one page, such as a shopping cart addition.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

I believe this comes down to the metric you have selected in the Site Content>Pages report. Do you see the same report issues if you swap in the page views metric? You are right in theory since you are restricting to the hit level with pageName starts with... it should only pull in those matching page hits.

Best,

Brian

Level 2

Thanks Brian for reply. If I swap the metric selected before for pageview, the segment works fine. The metric I want to use is success event tracking number of submitted forms on particular page. Still have no idea, why segment doesn't work in case I want to use it with this metric:(

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Attribution to success events in the context of site content pages is linear- therefore you are getting the results despite your segment filter logic due to the specific metric properties in play:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_pages.html

Note that in Reports & Analytics, metrics on the Pages Report use linear allocation. For example, revenue is split between all pages viewed before a purchase event. This can cause confusion for some metrics that you might expect to occur only on one page, such as a shopping cart addition.

Best,

Brian

Level 2

Ok, thank you! Still, no matter what event attribution is, the result seems to be misleading, in terms of how the segment is defined. 

Level 6

because the pages report is calculating linearly you might want to try one or both of these methods:

1) to get traditional pages traffic reports just allocate a prop and put the pagename in it via a processing rule or your analytics code. That prop will be traffic based and you will only see you traffic events (pageviews, visits, visitors etc) and participation events showing up.

2) to get conversion metrics that occur when the pagename is viewed create an evar and put the page name in it but set that evar to expire after the hit. That way only the conversion events that happen on that hit will be allocated to that pagename. You can also do an evar for the pagename that exires on the visit and you can do all events that happen during the visit and attribute them to the pagename.

Having these 2 additional variables (or 3 if you do the evar for your page names also) gives you a lot of additional analysis you can do in the analytic interface. Of course you can also do a lot in ad-hoc and workspace