Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

A way to distinguish visitors based on first time visit and repeat visit?

Level 2

As the title states, is there a way for me to see who is visiting my page/site for the first time, as opposed to their second, third, twentieth etc time?

I am aware that technically a new visitor id is generated for the same person if:

1) they use a different browser/device/incognito or

2) clear their cache/cookies

and that is fine

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @asdf12341z 

"New Visitor" and "Returning Visitor" segments are already available in Adobe Analytics Workspace to filter the data based on first time visitor and repeat visitor (second time, third time visitor and so on).

In case you want a specific number, like nth time visitor (among all repeat visitors). Then you can create a segment with "Visit Number" dimension.

For instance, 5th time visitor can created with segment logic: visit number = 5. In case you want visitors with 5 or more visits, then try: Visit number greater than or equals to 5.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @asdf12341z 

"New Visitor" and "Returning Visitor" segments are already available in Adobe Analytics Workspace to filter the data based on first time visitor and repeat visitor (second time, third time visitor and so on).

In case you want a specific number, like nth time visitor (among all repeat visitors). Then you can create a segment with "Visit Number" dimension.

For instance, 5th time visitor can created with segment logic: visit number = 5. In case you want visitors with 5 or more visits, then try: Visit number greater than or equals to 5.

Hope this helps!

Community Advisor

Glad that it was helpful. Can you mark my answer as correct? 

Please feel free to post any follow up questions on this thread, I will be happy to assist. Thanks.

Community Advisor

There is also:

Return Frequency you may find useful

regards

Level 1

Is it correct to use the Repeat Visitors filter on Visits? And if so, wouldn't this be telling us the number of repeat visits and not the repeat visitors/users?